DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SSL VPN does not change my public IP address

More
07 Aug 2022 12:16 #1 by padvk
Hi,

We have a DrayTek Vigor2862ac router in my office and I'd like to use its built-in VPN capability to change my public IP address to the router's WAN2 address when I work from home. This will let staff access IP-restricted servers (not on office LAN) from home without needing to whitelist everyone's home IP address. Remotely accessing resources on the router's LAN is not important.

I am new to network configuration so please forgive my lack of understanding. I have set up an SSL VPN, a Remote Dial-in User, a User Group and a LAN to LAN connection through the router's web interface. The VPN itself works because I can access the router's web interface from my home network after logging in with Smart VPN Client. Annoyingly my public IP address is still that of my home network, but I want my public IP address to reflect the office's public IP address.

I have tried playing around with the Load-Balance/Route Policy settings to no avail. I feel like I am missing a small critical step, so any advice on how to get this working would be much appreciated. Alternatively please let me know if you would suggest a different approach entirely.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2022 19:40 #2 by desquinn
sounds like split tunneling. Not got a smartvpn client in front of me but there should bea setting on the profile for "send all traffic down the vpn" that needs set to on.

Des Quinn

More
07 Aug 2022 19:53 #3 by padvk

desquinn wrote:
sounds like split tunneling. Not got a smartvpn client in front of me but there should bea setting on the profile for "send all traffic down the vpn" that needs set to on.

Good shout - I didn't notice the "Use default gateway on remote network" profile setting in Smart VPN :D Turning it on changes my public IP. Thank you very much