DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN Graph/Log?

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2023 09:16 #1 by nieldm
VPN Graph/Log? was created by nieldm
Am I just being stupid or do the VPN Graph and Log functionality simply not work? I get blank screens for both. Knowing how fussy the Draytek UI is about browsers I tried three of them, Safari, Firefox and Chrome...all on a MacBook. I don't have a Windows device handy to check there.

I have also tried dancing around the router wearing robes and chanting incantations which is my go to form of diagnosis, but sadly that didn't work either, so any help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2023 12:15 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: VPN Graph/Log?
The VPN graph and log under "Diagnostics" work on my 2927ax, at least for dial-in users.

I suspect that the "Alert and Log" under VPN central management may be for LAN to LAN connections?

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
More
30 Apr 2023 14:28 #3 by nieldm
Replied by nieldm on topic Re: VPN Graph/Log?
The logs under Central VPN Management are equally empty. Are LAN to LAN VPNs not logged?

Classic Draytek, there is "Connection Management" under the main menu and Central VPN Management...is it documented anywhere what the difference is, what purpose the two are intended to serve?

More
06 May 2023 20:06 #4 by howieg
Replied by howieg on topic Re: VPN Graph/Log?

nieldm wrote:
Am I just being stupid or do the VPN Graph and Log functionality simply not work? I get blank screens for both. Knowing how fussy the Draytek UI is about browsers I tried three of them, Safari, Firefox and Chrome...all on a MacBook. I don't have a Windows device handy to check there.

I have also tried dancing around the router wearing robes and chanting incantations which is my go to form of diagnosis, but sadly that didn't work either, so any help would be appreciated!

I get exactly the same problem with a 2860 and another 2862. Our VPN access is L2TP over IPsec and the graphs and logs have never worked properly. Sometimes they will only show the activity for the current/last user, but never for all users.

Moderators: Sami