2927 Wireguard upgrade?

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 May 2023 08:52 #1 by nieldm
2927 Wireguard upgrade? was created by nieldm
Does anyone know if there are any plans to include Wireguard support on the 2927? I am sure there is a product roadmap somewhere, but equally sure there is stuff all chance of Draytek sharing it....but maybe someone has a clue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2023 08:11 #2 by spatze
Replied by spatze on topic Re: 2927 Wireguard upgrade?
Hi nieldm,

yes, Wireguard-Support comes with the next Firmware-Update. I´m currently testing Beta-Firmware v2927_4.4.3_RC3 (i´ve a 2927Lac) with Wireguard-Support integrated. At first sight, the Firmware makes a good and stable impression. Maybe you can contact your local Draytek Support to get the Beta-Firmware too?!

Greetings
spatze

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 May 2023 08:39 #3 by nieldm
Replied by nieldm on topic Re: 2927 Wireguard upgrade?
Hi Spatze, thanks for the information. I will ask...

• drbi
  • User
  • User
More
01 Oct 2023 07:57 #4 by drbi
Replied by drbi on topic Re: 2927 Wireguard upgrade?
Anyone tried the Wireguard VPN functionality on the 2927 ..... I have tried everything but it does not work on either draytek to draytek or draytek to ubuntu. I have a 3910 which works fine !

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Oct 2023 18:50 #5 by nieldm
Replied by nieldm on topic Re: 2927 Wireguard upgrade?
Yes, I tried it on 4.3.3 on my 2927 a few days ago after having initially tried it using the beta firmware - I used Lan to Lan to connect to Surfshark. It works for me but it's slow, around 75Mbps over a 1Gb fibre line. Using IKEv2 for the same connection and identical IP I get over 600Mbps. I gave feedback about the speed whilst trying the beta, but there is no change that I can discern.