DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

can't log on to web interface via vpn (2800)

• louis-m
  • Topic Author
  • Big Contributor
  • Big Contributor
More
12 Aug 2006 11:12 #1 by louis-m
i personally think its a bug in the firmware. ipsec vpn running fine. can connect to all resources on the remote network. i can't however, reach the web interface of the remote v2800 via my browser. the page cannot be displayed is returned very quickly which would suggest its replying somehow instead of timing out.
if i remote desktop into the remote network and then start a browser, i can reach the web interface no problems.
using the same settings on a v2600 allows me access remotely which would suggest the problem is with the v2800. using the latest firmware.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2006 15:08 #2 by peteh
There is a management setting which by default dis-allows management access over the net. You should be able to manage via the internal IP over the tunnel but if there is a routing issue this may not work.

• louis-m
  • Topic Author
  • Big Contributor
  • Big Contributor
More
14 Aug 2006 18:29 #3 by louis-m
Replied by louis-m on topic can't log on to web interface via vpn (2800)
yeah, i do know about the settings for the web etc. they are set to not allow at the moment. as for the routing, i don't think there is anything wrong with it. i can ping the remote routers ip address sucessfully which should allow me to see the router in a browser.
its also strange how i can't telnet into it either but as soon as i start an rdp session, i can telnet/web from there.

2820 = 3.3.2_RC5
2950 = 3.2.4

More
14 Aug 2006 22:32 #4 by lorian

louis-m wrote: yeah, i do know about the settings for the web etc. they are set to not allow at the moment. as for the routing, i don't think there is anything wrong with it. i can ping the remote routers ip address sucessfully which should allow me to see the router in a browser.
its also strange how i can't telnet into it either but as soon as i start an rdp session, i can telnet/web from there.

I recall having a similar problem, when using L2TP over IPsec. The problem went away, wither when I upgraded to the latest firmware (2.7) or the latest smart client for VPN (from draytek.com) I forget which fixed it.

• jsturtridge
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jun 2009 18:47 #5 by jsturtridge
Replied by jsturtridge on topic can't log on to web interface via vpn (2800)
I'm having the same trouble with a 2820Vn (firmware: 3.3.1.2_232201) - I've successfully VPNd in and can see the hosts on the network - but not the web management page.

I understand about the management configuration access page - but I want don't want anyone to be able to get to the page via Internet - but only when locally on the network or VPNd in.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks - J.

• jsturtridge
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jun 2009 13:15 #6 by jsturtridge
Replied by jsturtridge on topic Answered my own question
OK - so I've answered my own question. If you enter the address range for the internal network into the table on the where-you-can-administer-from then you can VPN in and see the router's config page without having to allow the open ports from the outside.

Hope that helps - J.