DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N PSP Problem

• mikemcr
  • Topic Author
More
15 Aug 2008 18:11 #1 by mikemcr
2820N PSP Problem was created by mikemcr
Is anyone using a Sony PSP (latest firmware) with a 2820N in Mixed b+g+n mode using WPA+WPA2/PSK (mixed) security mode?

In this mode, the PSP cannot even "see" the Vigor during scans. If I drop down to b+g mode or use WEP only, it works.

I also have a Netgear wireless N router and using the exact same modes, the PSP connects and works perfectly.

Draytek UK support are proving to be very frustrating. They keep ignoring the fact it works fine with the Netgear and just tell me to change the security mode. I had to explain what WPA+WPA2/PSK (mixed) meant when they told me the PSP does not support that and only WPA or WEP.

I keep being ignored when I ask if they have reported this back to the engineers. Is it any wonder issues don't get fixed? :x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2010 13:22 #2 by russell96
Replied by russell96 on topic 2820N PSP Problem
I've recently upgraded to a 2820Vn and tonight was the first time I tried to get a PSP to work with it and I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. My quick work around was to enable a second SSID with no security and the PSP spotted that and connected to the internet OK.

Both the 2820Vn and the PSP are running the latest (non beta) firmware available for each device.

I'll have a go tonight at enabling/disabling WEP/WPA etc on the second SSID and see where I get to.

More
15 Jan 2010 17:52 #3 by russell96
Replied by russell96 on topic 2820N PSP Problem
I enabled a second SSID with the Wireless LAN mode left as Mixed 11b+11g+11n and set the security mode to WPA/PSK and it works fine, looks like it's a combination of Mixed 11b+11g+11n & Mixed (WPA+WPA2)/PSK that the problem lies with.