DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How many wireless clients can a Vigor 2820VN handle?

• the duke
  • Topic Author
More
08 May 2009 14:03 #1 by the duke
As per the title, how many wireless clients can the Vigor 2820 VN handle? I appreciate 254 IPs would be the limit but can the hardware cope with this many connections simultaneously? Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2010 14:23 #2 by techvillage
Bumping this up to the top again as no replies. I would be interested to know the number of wireless connections people have running in their environments

We have some auditors coming into work for a few months and they cannot put their laptops on the company LAN as its prohibited, so we have set up two ADSL lines with and Im deciding which wireless router to use. I will load balcne by giving half to connect on e orouter and the other half to the other router. There can be up to 40 wireless laptops connected at a time. My concern is not so much the shared bandwidth will be slow, but whether the Draytek 2820n would be able to accept and handle say up to 20 connections at once.

Please let me know you experiences with the Draytek 2820n or vn and multiples wireless connections.

Many thanks,

Richard

More
27 Jun 2010 16:48 #3 by voodle
The main thing to consider is how the bandwidth would be shared, the router has a single wireless radio which will be sharing between the users - if it's just normal web browsing or voip stuff, then 20 users shouldn't be any problem at all. If everyone's trying to do more bandwidth intensive stuff such as watching videos, it would run out of bandwidth to share between the users quickly, although the WAN link would probably be the big limitation there.

More
15 Jul 2010 10:15 #4 by linker3000
We regularly have all our area managers at HQ and this means about 20 laptops and blackberries making a connection with no problems at all.

Remember with the 2820 you can have multiple WLAN SSIDs so you could setup a wireless network for the auditors that will get them on the Internet but not let them see your LAN.

Moderators: Sami