DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 wireless as broken as the 2800?

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2009 20:00 #1 by blowdart
2820 wireless as broken as the 2800? was created by blowdart
So ages ago I gave up on the 2800's wireless which would hang during WPA2 key recycling.

I had hoped that the 2820, which was finally certified would have reliable wireless ... but no. After finally getting the router configured, and having to give up on using multi-NAT and firewall rules 4 hours later and *bang* wireless hands again.

So is anyone else seeing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2009 08:13 #2 by jolley
Replied by jolley on topic 2820 wireless as broken as the 2800?
The 2820n wireless is definitely be better then the 2800 in my experience, but still not perfect with the Intel 2200BG wireless cards in my laptops. I still get DHCP problems but at least the wireless doesn't hang even using WPA2.

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2009 08:34 #3 by blowdart
Replied by blowdart on topic 2820 wireless as broken as the 2800?

jolley wrote: The 2820n wireless is definitely be better then the 2800 in my experience, but still not perfect with the Intel 2200BG wireless cards in my laptops. I still get DHCP problems but at least the wireless doesn't hang even using WPA2.

Hmm maybe it's worth putting the DHCP onto a Win2k3 box then, I do have one free. I'm just seeing exactly what I did before - as soon as the WPA2 key expires the wireless drops.

I wonder if it's my password that's the problem, that is the same as before ...

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
09 Oct 2009 12:34 #4 by blowdart
Found out what it is - it's intel's drivers, or the microsoft wireless management combination.

If I use the intel drivers, but the standard win7 wireless management it hangs. If I use the Microsoft drivers that came with win7 it works, and stays connected.

Of course it's hard to say where the fault lies - maybe the intel drivers send a packet or two that hangs the draytek, and the draytek is at fault (after all my Netgear AP works fine with that combination).

Anyway, hopefully this'll help anyone else who tries that combination

More
09 Oct 2009 15:03 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 2820 wireless as broken as the 2800?
The drivers should be 'from the same source' but probably different version so perhaps try and see if the Win7 native ones are version x.x and the others were version y.y and quite likely the ones that work are the later ones...

Forum Administrator

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
09 Oct 2009 15:44 #6 by blowdart

admin wrote: The drivers should be 'from the same source' but probably different version so perhaps try and see if the Win7 native ones are version x.x and the others were version y.y and quite likely the ones that work are the later ones...

Actually no. The win7 ones are revisions behind 12.4.1.4

The intel ones 12.??4.??3.??9.

Moderators: Sami