DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Problems Accessing Shares with Draytek 2100 in Bridge mode

• gazcarts
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2009 16:17 #1 by gazcarts
Hi,

Hope you guys can help with this problem because I've run out of ideas.

I've just bought a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo for use at home. My set up is as follows.

Because my phone line is no-where near my main PC, I have a D-Link DSL2640 set up as the main wireless internet router. From a previous address where I had cable I also have a Draytek 2100, so I've placed that by the main PC, connected it to the PC and ReadyNAS using Cat 5, then set it up as a wireless bridge using 128bit WEP, as that's the only authentication that seems to work (or none at all). So far so good. The PC and ReadyNAS can connect to the internet without any problems.

I have a couple of laptops which connect to the network wirelessly through the D-Link. One of the laptops runs XP SP3, the other runs Vista. The main PC is also running Vista.

The ReadyNAS has 3 default shares which are Read/Write and allow guest access. I have no problem connecting to them from the main PC through Cat 5, but neither laptop will connect, even though I can ping the ReadyNAS, and the ReadyNAS appears in Network Neighborhood. Trying to map a share on the Vista laptop gets a network address not found. On the XP laptop I get an authentication box, which won't let me log onto the share regardless of what username and password I put in.

I've tried disabling Norton Internet Security, but still no joy. After moving things about a bit, the shares are mappable by the laptops if the ReadyNAS is connected directly (by Cat 5) to the D-Link, but then the main PC, connected by Cat 5 to the Draytek can no longer access the shares. This made me suspect the Draytek, so I swapped that for a Belkin 7130 in bridge mode and now the main PC can also see the ReadyNAS.

The problem is, I really want the ReadyNAS to be by the main PC so I can connect it to a UPS. It also means the main PC will have a quicker connection through Cat 5. I can't use the Belkin as it only has one network connection, so I'm scuppered unless I can find out how to get it working through the Draytek (or buy a new wireless bridge which I'd like to avoid).

Apologies for the long post. Can anyone help?

Cheers
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gazcarts
  • Topic Author
More
18 Apr 2010 20:28 #2 by gazcarts
I finally resolved this by doing a factory reset :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami