DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How do I connect AP700 repeater wirelessly to 2820?

• david cole
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2009 19:02 #1 by david cole
I need to extend my wireless network, wirelessly, so bought a Draytek AP700. The instructions are unclear, and I have tried all day to use Universal Repeater or AP Bridge-WDS modes, with no success. Any ideas which "mode" is the right way to do this, and what (if any) settings I need to change in the 2820n?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2009 09:13 #2 by voodle
Universal Repeater mode is the easiest way to set it up, you'll need to make sure that the wireless channel and the security type / key match up and if you're using WPA security on the 2820, try switching to WPA2 because standard WPA doesn't work well with 802.11n.

More
20 Nov 2009 14:23 #3 by nathanlance
Replied by nathanlance on topic How do I connect AP700 repeater wirelessly to 2820?
Same problem here - I just can't get it working.

I'm close though, the last thing I can't get working is for clients that connect wirelessly to the AP-700 to access the internet. They can access all the other machines on the local network, but not out to the internet.

The 2820n and AP-700 can ping each other, and machines connected to the 2820n either wired or wirelessly can access the internet fine.

I've tried the default gateway setting on the AP-700 on both it's default 0.0.0.0 and then the IP of the 2820n (192.168.1.1), no joy.

Anybody got any ideas? Or had any luck?

Cheers,

Nathan

• david cole
  • Topic Author
More
20 Nov 2009 17:46 #4 by david cole
That's pretty much my problem too - I can set up the AP 700 so things like my iPhone can see it, but they can't access the internet through it...

Moderators: Sami