DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn with 3.3.3 firmware - does wireless work or drop out?

• mattcandy
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
29 Dec 2009 07:42 #1 by mattcandy
Hi there - with all recent firmwares I believe there have been problems with wireless continually dropping out, and v3.2.1 is the stable one to revert to.... this is the one I am currently operating.

Just seen there is now v3.3.3 firmware available. Can anybody confirm if the wireless on this is stable and these problems have been fixed, or am I better to stay where am on v3.2.1?

Thanks for help.
matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• russell hayward
  • User
  • User
More
29 Dec 2009 12:33 #2 by russell hayward
I found it unstable and have reverted back to 3.3.1.2

More
30 Dec 2009 16:21 #3 by thrain
It's more likley to be an issue with the client IMO, Intel 2200 bg were notoriously bad, not only with Draytek but also with Cisco access-points.

I download Movies & TV Series for my Apple TV over Wireless to my MacBook Pro over wireless and haven't seen an issue with 3.3.3.

• mattcandy
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
03 Jan 2010 08:11 #4 by mattcandy
ok. thanks guys. will give it a go and get prepared to revert back if a prob.

• jolley
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jan 2010 12:51 #5 by jolley

Thrain wrote: It's more likley to be an issue with the client IMO, Intel 2200 bg were notoriously bad, not only with Draytek but also with Cisco access-points.

I would second that, I have two laptops with Intel 2200's which have problems with Draytek wireless routers. Other clients don't apper to have anywhere near the same number of dropouts. The dropouts apper in the Event Viewer as DHCP errors.