• themonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jan 2010 17:28 #1 by themonk
AP700 station-infrastructure mode.... was created by themonk
Hello,
How do I manually assign an AP station to an AP700 when running in station-infrastructure mode as the ssid is hidden so the Wireless Site Survey cannot find it? SSID, encryption, etc?

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2010 00:49 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic AP700 station-infrastructure mode....
Just put the SSID of the network you want to connect to in the Main SSID box, Apply that then confirm so you dont have to restart then set up matching security on the Security page of the AP700 and apply it.

• themonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jan 2010 08:44 #3 by themonk
Replied by themonk on topic AP700 station-infrastructure mode....
Thanks for that, however i still cannot get internet access. My computer is connected to the LAN and WLAN light on AP700 is flickering so data is being received. I've tried the WLAN built into my laptop and proved the wireless works fine.
I've noticed that there is no 'Default gateway' in the networks connection, is that why I cannot get internet access via the AP700?

More
18 Jan 2010 09:10 #4 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic AP700 station-infrastructure mode....
With the network connected like that, you should get an IP address through DHCP from your main router, is your PC getting a 169.x address right now?
That can mean either the connection isn't working yet (check on the router / access point's station list if the AP700's MAC address is connected) or maybe it doesn't like the security settings. The AP700 works best with WPA2.

• themonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2010 00:02 #5 by themonk
Ok, my computer is getting an IP from the AP700, 192.168.1.10 from the DHCP in the AP700 and not from my main router, however there is no Default Gateway - should it be the AP700 or the main router?

I'm unable to see what I'm connecting to on the Wireless Station List as the SSID is hidden so it won't show up. I've tried my laptop with the same wireless settings and that all works fine.

Thanks.

• themonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2010 19:41 #6 by themonk
Are there any clear instrctions of how to setup an AP700 in Station-Infrastructure mode as I just cannot get it to work. I know that the AP i'm trying to connect to works as I've tested it on my laptop.

I've entered the SSID of the AP I'm trying to connect to on the Basic Settings page, after that I'm a bit stuck. Does the IP address and Gateway Address come from the AP I'm connecting to if I turn off DHCP on the AP700? I've tried this and my computer cannot get an IP address. If I enable DHCP and set the range, then it gets an IP address but no Gateway so it cannot connect to the internet.

Are there any diagnostics to tell me the state of the AP700, signal strenghs, assigned IP and gateway from the AP i'm trying to connect to?
I've gone through the manual but cannot find any examples which will help me to get this setup.