Low throughput on AP700

• themonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2010 14:50 #1 by themonk
Low throughput on AP700 was created by themonk
I'm having issues with a AP700 running in Station-Infrastructure mode in that the data throughput is very slow. I've tested the WLAN itself from my laptop with wireless built in and it's working fine.
Any thoughts as to why the AP700 should be so sluggish?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2010 23:42 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Low throughput on AP700
How sluggish do you mean? The AP700 can get very flakey if it's in station or repeater mode and you've got it plugged into the lan it's connecting to wirelessly, otherwise if you're seeing slow throughput, check that you're not using WPA because that limits it to 54Mbps, you need to use WPA2 or unsecured if you want the full 802.11n speed.

• themonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jan 2010 00:04 #3 by themonk
Replied by themonk on topic Low throughput on AP700
Very slow, like sometimes the web page times out or only half loads, a refresh of the page might load it but takes a few goes, practically unuseable.
It is in Station mode, connecting to an AP wirelessly and there is no encryption.
Any thoughts as to what's going on or is it a feature...??

More
25 Jan 2010 10:19 #4 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Low throughput on AP700
If there's no encryption at all then that shouldn't cause any speed problems, maybe it has low signal or there's some interference?

• themonk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jan 2010 10:48 #5 by themonk
Replied by themonk on topic Low throughput on AP700
That's what I thought so I've tried it on my laptop with wireless built in at the same location, the signal strength is very strong and web pages load up first time. It's either a faulty unit or it's not up to the job, possibly firmware issues.