DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710Vn wireless issue

• skullster
  • Topic Author
More
13 May 2010 10:07 #1 by skullster
2710Vn wireless issue was created by skullster
I have had the 2710vn for a couple of months and suddenly last week the wireless connections to the 5 laptops we use became extremely slow both in browsing speed and connection speed. Where they once connected straight away they take up to 30 seconds to find and connect. No changes had been made to encryption (WPA/WPA2) or channel.

I tried different channels and changed from G only, b+G, N only etc all to no avail. I have re-flashed the router with the latest firmware to no avail and reset to factory defaults and still no luck. I have had to revert to an old netgear and all the laptops now connect well and the wireless is much improved again.

Sounds as if the unit has gone faulty has anyone experienced this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2010 15:08 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 2710Vn wireless issue
This can often be caused by a neightbour moving in and using a similar channel. Do a scan on the router's interface to check other local stations etc. and try changing channel.

Forum Administrator

• skullster
  • Topic Author
More
17 May 2010 12:06 #3 by skullster
Replied by skullster on topic 2710Vn wireless issue
Hi I have checked the channels and tried a range non of which have any local interference using the excellent Android app wifi checker. I have raised a ticket with draytek tech support and they have sent me RTM details as they think the unit may be faulty.

Moderators: Sami