DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Monitoring Connection Speed and Type on a 2820 Vn

• jnewgas
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jun 2010 12:16 #1 by jnewgas
Is there a way from the Vigor end to monitor the Connection Speed and Connection Type (B/G or N) of connecting adaptors.

I am just upgrading from a G system to 802.11n and it is hard to find out which computers (if any) are connecting at 802.11n

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2010 16:44 #2 by voodle
There isn't, you need to check in the wireless clients. If you're not getting over 54Mbps with 802.11n enabled, check the security type you're using, WEP and WPA will limit the speed. WPA2 or no encryption will enable the full speed.

• jnewgas
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jun 2010 18:49 #3 by jnewgas
Thanks, I have found that to get the maximum from 802.11n you musn't have any connecting clients at 802.11g, and as you say must run WPA2.

I had ( foolishly ) thought that offering mixed G = N and WPA+WPA2 would allow some clients to take advantage and leave older clients to run at lower speeds.

Voodle wrote: There isn't, you need to check in the wireless clients. If you're not getting over 54Mbps with 802.11n enabled, check the security type you're using, WEP and WPA will limit the speed. WPA2 or no encryption will enable the full speed.

Moderators: Sami