DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2910G WIFI is up to 10Mbp Limits for All WIFI devices

• hatan4ik
  • Topic Author
More
30 Oct 2010 05:00 #1 by hatan4ik
Hi,

I am experiencing very strange phenomena.

I have Dell XPS M1530 with Intel Pro 3945abg Wifi NIC running Win XP as well WN-7 x64 with most recent drivers for both OS's.

I am testing my COX ISP 25/5 Mbp connection using Youkon build-In LAN adapter on XPS and it shaw perfect proper Up/Down download rate. I am using http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ as well Speetest.net.

XPS connected to Vigor 2910G LAN interface is also works perfect with proper Hi speed rate of 25/5 Mbp.

While trying to use Wireless Connection I am always getting up to 10 Mps in download test - it's for sure NOT what I suppose to get.

I disable any QoS on Vigor 2910G - I made couple resets, and used default settings as well, used WAP/WAP2 encryption and different channels as well and it all useless.
Vigor running with most recent firmware.

I am lost - I don't know what to do else to make WIFI get the 25 Mps download rate.

I checked my Intel card using Office Wifi network and it's fine there.

I tried my Iphone 3GS with Vigor Wifi connection and it also has limit with the speed test up to 10 Mbp.

All my test clearly shows that the problem not with the Intel 3945abg NIC on my laptop but it's some Vigor problem.

Please advice what to do and how to resolve this limitation.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2010 08:20 #2 by njh
The 2900/2910 series have a maximum rated throughput of 16Mbps - see here . On an old 2900 I managed to measure just over 20Mbps with no wireless and no filtering (DoS Defence etc). Anything which will consume its processor cycles could slow it down.

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

• hatan4ik
  • Topic Author
More
30 Oct 2010 15:25 #3 by hatan4ik
NJH,

Thanks for pointing me to the chart - I see this chart first time.

From the chart I can't understand if the numbers are for WiFi or for using Ehternet ports on the Vigor.

As I previously said - I am getting Hi-speed while I use Ethernet connection to Vigor.

Anybody ?

More
30 Oct 2010 17:18 #4 by njh
You're very lucky if you're getting that sort of WAN->LAN speed even if it is on a wired connection. TBH I'd be a bit surprised. Do you know what sort of wireless connection speed you are getting to the router first of all? You could try a LAN - WLAN test.

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6