DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Missing Wireless

• bartonn
  • Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2010 14:23 #1 by bartonn
Missing Wireless was created by bartonn
Is it possible to reset the user account password if you only know the admin one? I need to switch the wireless on for a 2920n router. The manual says you do this using the user account. When I inherited the router I was given the admin account password but not the user account one. The wireless management option is missing from the main menu but I think that's because I have to be logged in as user. Do I have to reset the whole router?

Neil Barton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2010 11:01 #2 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic Re: Missing Wireless

bartonn wrote: Is it possible to reset the user account password if you only know the admin one? I need to switch the wireless on for a 2920n router. The manual says you do this using the user account. When I inherited the router I was given the admin account password but not the user account one. The wireless management option is missing from the main menu but I think that's because I have to be logged in as user. Do I have to reset the whole router?

If you have the admin password then surely you have access to everything?

• bartonn
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2010 12:20 #3 by bartonn
Replied by bartonn on topic Admin!
That's what I would have thought but the Wireless option simply does not appear on the Admin list. Looking in the manual it says you have to go in as the user account with no password and no username. This doesn't work so the previous guy obviously changed it to something (which is sensible) but I don't know what. If you can advise another way of making the wireless option come up on the screen that would be great!

I do think it's a bit odd that an administrator account can't reset a user account password.

Thanks,
Neil

Neil Barton