Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

ap 800 and printer connection

• redeye76
  • Topic Author
More
04 Dec 2010 12:13 #1 by redeye76
ap 800 and printer connection was created by redeye76
Lo all,

I'm thinking of buying an ap 800 for wi-fi extenting and printer connection and was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the printer usb connection? My plan is to connect my cannon mp610 to an ap 800 which is then located inside a cabinet in the hallway. I already have a 2820n which my main pc is connected to (via ethernet) so i dont see any probs but for this snippet of info from the product description:

This is ideal to provide printer access to wireless laptops but could also be used for installing a printer elsewhere in your home/office by using a pair of AP-800s to make a bridge.

So basically i would like my pc which is not by itself wi-fi enabled but is connected to a 2820n (via ethernet) and wi-fi enabled laptops (mac and windows) to print and scan through the ap 800. lol maybe i should have said this in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2010 09:22 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic ap 800 and printer connection
If the USB port is anything like those on the routers you will not be able to scan as they are only one way ports. You would need a ethernet network capable printer/scanner.

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.