DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Windows 7 Difficulty

• photon
  • Topic Author
More
04 Dec 2010 13:54 #1 by photon
Windows 7 Difficulty was created by photon
[I apologise if I've not found a place on the forum already dealing with this issue.]

I've successfully run a 2820 under XP for 2 years. I've just had a new PC, running Windows 7, and although the USB adapter seems to be reported as working properly, I'm totally unable to connect to the Vigor; the laptop is working fine on it.

If I click on one of the (two) networks appearing under Win7, it asks for the network key. If I enter the WEP key that works on everything else I've got, then it seems to accept it, then comes back with a 'unable to connect' messsage. I've also tried manually setting-up a network, but this also doesn't work.

Any chance there could be a Windows 7/2820 step-by-step guide, as this is driving me nuts!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• photon
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2010 12:48 #2 by photon
Replied by photon on topic Windows 7 Difficulty
I'll answer my own question!

Switch off all security on the Draytek, and Windows 7 connects without problem.

A Ph.D. in computers has advised me that it may be the 'n', draft standard that may be at fault, so we're trying an 'g'-based dongle to see if this fixes it.

Any other anwers always welcome...

More
15 Dec 2010 13:00 #3 by sistersinister
Replied by sistersinister on topic Windows 7 Difficulty
i did that also but it wasnt successful... looking forward to reading other's comments

More
16 Dec 2010 09:38 #4 by mikew57
Replied by mikew57 on topic Windows 7 Difficulty
i also have a win7 pro 32 bit computer but using the N61 to connect to a Netgear DG834GT router. i get exactly the same as you. enter WPA2 PSK password and says connecting then does not. any help from dratek would be gratefull. looks like the draytek N61 software or windows7 problem.

More
16 Dec 2010 10:02 #5 by mikew57
Replied by mikew57 on topic Windows 7 Difficulty
ok unistalled N61 software and driver. downloaded software from draytek site. installed ONLY the driver and let win7 zero config software manage the N61 wi-fi connections. clicked connect on wi-fi network and input password and clicked connect. connected straight away with dhcp assigned ip etc. windows 7 notified internet access available. Hope this helps and works for you all. Wasted 2 hrs on this.

More
19 Dec 2010 18:29 #6 by dianegarcia
Replied by dianegarcia on topic Windows 7 Difficulty
will try searching the web for this problem. if any one have answers pls post here.