• bonnyg
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2011 18:29 #1 by bonnyg
Draytek Vigor 2820Vn slow wireless was created by bonnyg
Hello

Anyone experiencing any problems with wireless with the above device, I am experiencing a slow wireless connection, have tried changing channel etc but no change, any ideas, I owned a Netgear WGR614 which cost £40 & was twice as fast, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2011 18:49 #2 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic Draytek Vigor 2820Vn slow wireless
What OS are you using (Windows versionxxx / Mac / linux / All of the above?)

Are you confident you don't have rate control enabled on the wireless channel you're using?

Dan

• bonnyg
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2011 18:46 #3 by bonnyg
Replied by bonnyg on topic Draytek Vigor 2820Vn slow wireless
Thanks, dannyboy1121, I am using Windows 7, Vista, Android, the slow down mostly affects Android, what is rate control? I have downloaded the latest firmware upgrade, do you install it from the zip or unzip it & which file do I use, thanks again.

More
25 Jan 2011 09:12 #4 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Draytek Vigor 2820Vn slow wireless
Make sure to use WPA2 for security on the wireless, if you've configured it to use WEP or WPA, that could cause the slowness you're seeing.

More
25 Jan 2011 09:14 #5 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic Draytek Vigor 2820Vn slow wireless
With my 2710Vn - you can run 4 different SSID's and limit the bandwidth used on each. This can be found on the general setup page at the bottom.

Are you using the same channel as your old Netgear? My 2710 allows me to check for channel congestion (Wireless LAN - AP Discovery). If you have the same feature it can recommend the best wireless channel to use.

RE: Firmware. You'll need to unzip it and use the .all firmware image (uploading it through System Maintenance -> Firmware Upgrade). Don't use the .rst image as this will reset your router to factory defaults in the process.

Dan

• bonnyg
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jan 2011 19:53 #6 by bonnyg
Replied by bonnyg on topic Draytek Vigor 2820Vn slow wireless
Thanks, Voodle & dannyboy1121, things have become more complicated, I bought a new Netgear WGR614 wireless router & attached it to my Draytek, disabling the wireless on the Draytek to see if it made a difference, unfortunately it did not, I now have another router with a IP address of 192.168.2.1, that I cannot log into without setting up a lap top to log into it? I will try your suggestions at the weekend, thanks again for your advice.