DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

My Xbox (N Adapter) won't connect to my Vigor 2110n properly

• bobbied
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2011 18:27 #1 by bobbied
I recently bought a Draytek Vigor 2110n and it provides an excellent coverage over my house. However, my Xbox 360 (20gb version) will only pick up 802.11g and when I set my router to only send out 11n signal, my Xbox refuses to connect to it. When sending out both g and n the xbox can connect to Xbox Live but only on 802.11g . Also, when I am connected to 11g, I have entered several matches on Modern Warfare 2 and after playing perfectly for a bit and it crashes my Xbox and makes it freeze, then to disconnect me from Xbox Live. Sometimes it can last a few games and other times it crashes in the first game. Even so, wired connection to the Draytek seems to be fine and does not crash as far as I can see. Also, when using wireless, it crashes whether I'm right next to the router or upstairs for instance. I've tried changing the channel etc. I've also configured the ports for my consoles IP: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) I opened these ports on my routers configuration page but nothing seemed to happen and it didn't make a difference. Also, I have enabled uPnP on my router which opened the NAT type. Is there a firmware update? Moreover, it seems to work fine when wired
Whats wrong?
Any help?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.