DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WDS Bridge: 2910vg to DLink DD-WRT

• gunja99
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2011 10:21 #1 by gunja99
WDS Bridge: 2910vg to DLink DD-WRT was created by gunja99
Hi all. I have a cable connection connected with a DLink router running custom dd-wrt firmware. This works perfect, wireless is great,etc. I did want to use my Draytek 2910 initally for this, but the speed tests were very very slow in comparisson with my 50mbit connection :(

Anyways. I now want to get a LAN in my bedroom, and don't want to run cables across the flat (due to children, etc and I rent!) So I heard you could bridge these.

So I want the D-Link in the study, connected to the broadband, with my PC's connected, and bridge the 2910 from the bedroom in wireless and run an xbox and a media centre in the bedroom. using LAN.

I set up the settings so they were identical (channel, SSID, encryption, etc). Used the WDS functions added the MAC addresses, and can't get anything to work at all, they just don't see each other. I tried WPA2/WPA/WEP and no security, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else done this?

I have noticed that the dd-wrt firmware can work in client mode for wireless, but this would require me to swap the routers around, which I really don't want to do, as I want the networks to be the same (i.e. to share content on the NAS...)

Please can someone help me with the WDS connections, or suggest something else? I have searched and found a couple of other WDS posts, but these haven't really helped me..

Many thanks,
Martin

Vigor 2600 Nildram ADSL
Vigor 2910VG With Vigor and Virgin Media cable.
Trying to get em to work ATM :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.