DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sky D-link router + vigor 2710n as access point/bridge?

• dansansome
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2011 21:50 #1 by dansansome
hi all

had sky and a new phone line installed in my new place recently. i have a few devices in the lounge, (sky box, apple tv, vodafone suresignal) that i wish to connect straight into the wireless router, which would plug straight into the telephone line for adsl. however, as luck would have it, none of the telephone sockets work in the lounge, so the sky router needs to be sat in the spare bedroom next to the only telephone socket that does.

i bought a draytek 2710n router for my last place to use with virgin adsl and it has been great. to get round the distance issue i decided to connect all the loung equipment to the 2710n to act as a wireless bridge/access point to connect to the sky dlink router.

unfortunately being a bit of a networking noob, im a bit lost with exactly what needs doing in the vigor setup.

so far i have made both routers SSID and mixed mode password the same. i have disabled any vigor adsl connection settings, disabled the dhcp server.

beyond this im not entirely sure what to try as all that happens is my devices cant see the internet until the vigor is turned off.

do i need to head towards the bridge route? or the access point route?

any help would be much appreciated. i have had a search on here and although similar, most scenarios dont match what i am attempting.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.