Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820n and Panasonic BL-C230 webcam problems

• peterg22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2011 14:00 #1 by peterg22
Dear All, I'm tearing my hair out trying to set up a Panasonic BL-C230 webcam/IPcam/netcam to work wirelessly with my 2820n. It works fine in wired mode, but when I switch over to wireless I can't access the camera despite the fact that the MAC addresses are showing up as authenticated in the Wireless>Station list. I upgraded to the latest router firmware today to try and get it working, but no luck.

Model Name : Vigor2820n
Firmware Version : 3.3.4.1_232201
Build Date/Time : Sep 8 2010 15:39:30
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

Here's the setup sequence:

• 1. Set the camera to "wired" and power it up. The router then allocates the default IP address of 192.168.1.253 to the MAC address ending in F0.
    2. Go to wireless setup in the camera menu and set up cypher keys - the same as on the router/AP.
    3. Switch the camera to "wireless" and power down/up to restart it.

Now, what happens is that when I look at the Wireless>Station list, there are TWO MAC addresses: the original one ending in F0 for the wired interface, and one ending in F1 which should be for the wireless interface. Both come up as authenticated, but I can't see the camera's IP anywhere.

Has anyone else got this combination to work, and can anyone offer any advice as to how to get my setup going?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2011 16:11 #2 by g6ifs
I can't comment on the BL-C230 as a unit, but the first thing to do it get rid of Firmware version 3.3.4.1 as it is the worst version ever producted by Draytek and should NEVER be used.
Instead get the latest version 3.3.5.1 from the draytek.com site, making certain you get the "232201_A Hardware: Annex A" version.
I don't know why draytek.co.uk do not put it on the uk site. Just go through the forum and you will see what I mean.

Hopefully 3.3.5.1 will get you working correctly

• peterg22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2011 16:20 #3 by peterg22

g6ifs wrote: I can't comment on the BL-C230 as a unit, but the first thing to do it get rid of Firmware version 3.3.4.1 as it is the worst version ever producted by Draytek and should NEVER be used.
Instead get the latest version 3.3.5.1 from the draytek.com site, making certain you get the "232201_A Hardware: Annex A" version.
I don't know why draytek.co.uk do not put it on the uk site. Just go through the forum and you will see what I mean.

Hopefully 3.3.5.1 will get you working correctly

Thanks! I'll give that a try and report back tomorrow.. :shock: