• stroppyjoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Apr 2011 12:24 #1 by stroppyjoe
Setup Multiple AP700s was created by stroppyjoe
Hi all,

We are currently configuring a large building (4 floors) with complete Wifi coverage across all 4 floors. The broadband line comes into the building on the top floor in the attic which has a 2820N configured and working. We have then configured an AP700 in Universal Repeater mode on each floor with the same channel, SSID and Key as the Router (But a unique I.P address) to bunny hop the Wifi signal from the ground floor back to the Router. We have tested this by walking around the building testing internet connection with a laptop with intermittent success. As the laptop switches between different Access Points we have noticed that we randomly lose connection to the Router . A reboot of the Access Point that the laptop is connected to seems to fix the problem ????? Can the AP700's be configured this way to bunny hop the Wifi signal back to the Router or do they all need to connect directly to the Router (i.e via a LAN cable)

Many Thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2011 13:08 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: Setup Multiple AP700s
It will work but the performance on the ground floor won't be very good, much better to cable each one up to the 2820. Then set each AP on a different channel but with the same SSID.

Howard

• stroppyjoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Apr 2011 13:42 #3 by stroppyjoe
Replied by stroppyjoe on topic Re: Setup Multiple AP700s
I thought as much, I shall try different none overlapping channels for the AP's to see if that helps.

Thanks for the response Howard, much appreciated

More
18 Apr 2011 10:29 #4 by dbames
Replied by dbames on topic Re: Setup Multiple AP700s
A query: Why would you use Universal Repeater (with each AP using a different channel) instead of WDS Bridge (and have the 2820 and the AP-700s all on the same channel)?

Thanks,
Darran