DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

use my 2820 a just wireless point

• garyi
  • Topic Author
More
01 May 2011 20:03 #1 by garyi
use my 2820 a just wireless point was created by garyi
Hi can I use my 2820 as just a wireless access point.

I am with Virgin and took recipet of one of their most hideous SuperHubs, which is basically a cats turd in a glossy box with netgear rubbed out on the side.

They have screwed it so I cannot bridge and use my draytek, however I am hoping that some how I can just plug the draytek in as a wireless access point is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2011 09:01 #2 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Re: use my 2820 a just wireless point
Why not just plug WAN2 of the 2820 into the SuperHub?

You can then set the 2820 to use WAN2 as its default internet connection (you will need to do a search on the forum for the command line to set that) or alternatively just set WAN -> Load-Balance Policy to send everything down WAN2.

Everything will then just connect to your Draytek as usual, and the Draytek will deal with the Virgin SuperHub..

• garyi
  • Topic Author
More
03 May 2011 20:04 #3 by garyi
Replied by garyi on topic Re: use my 2820 a just wireless point
Apparently the superhubs firmware will not allow passthrough, is that what you are saying here?

More
04 May 2011 12:03 #4 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Re: use my 2820 a just wireless point
The WAN2 port is just an ethernet port and the SuperHub will just see it as a device on the network in the same way as it would see a PC / laptop.

Anything on the Draytek network (wired or wireless) will seek internet pages from the draytek - the draytek will ask for it from the superhub and the superhub will go off to the internet to find it.

It should all work fine....

Richard