• vmrsss
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Jun 2011 11:44 #1 by vmrsss
help with very slow WLAN on 2130Vn was created by vmrsss
Hi there,

Hope somebody can help me with the problem described below. In particular, it would be good to exclude a hardware fault, otherwise I'd better stop wasting time and send the router back to DrayTek for repair.

In short, my WLAN connection will not go faster than 30Mbps (this is measured running iperf on two machines on the internal 192.168.1.0/24 network). I have made sure of the obvious things:

No obstacles between router and clients (actually put the router and two machines on the same table);
Only 11n devices connected with WPA2 security;
No obvious conflicts on channels (see screenshot below);
Actually verified on clients they think they are connected at 130Mbps;
Wired LAN works as it should (about 880Mpbs)
Firewall and Bandwidth management off (unless i've messed up something);
Tried also with WAN connection off, just in case.

My system is:
  • Model :
Vigor2130Vn
Firmware Version : v1.5.1
Build Date/Time : Tue May 10 19:32:17 CST 2011

In my configuration I've got three SSID, the tests were run on SSID 1. I attach below a picture of the WLAN configuration. All seems fine to me:

As you can see below, at least in terms of visible networks there wasn't much noise at the time of the tests, and the signal was very good. If there is a conflict, it must be on some hidden SSID or perhaps on the extension channel 7? (yet. I cannot change that: when I pick channel 11, channel 7 is the only choice for the extension):

Do you people have any suggestions? In particular, is there a test I could do to exclude a hardware fault? Is a problem (conflict or hardware failure) on the extension channel compatible with the fact that the WLAN works pretty well and stable, offers 11n connection rates (though not 300Mbps, just 130Mbps), yet it would just not go above 11g speeds, typically 16-24Mbps, max 30Mbps?

Help please. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.