DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Windows Phone 7 kills WDS

• coxsteph
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2011 16:32 #1 by coxsteph
Windows Phone 7 kills WDS was created by coxsteph
Hi, just thought I'd add this so when people are searching for their problems they'll know someone else is hitting it. I'm guessing my setup isnt too standard.
I have 2 2820n routers configured with WDS. Everything works fine, they communicate happily.
That is until I bring my windows phone 7 into the mix. I've had several android phones happily on my wireless and they stay stable.
The difference I believe is that windows phone 7 turns off the wireless while the screen is locked. Then I move between rooms (and therefore routers).
I have a main router connected to bethere in my living room. My secondary router just used for extending the wireless is in the bedroom.
Everything is happy until I take my phone into the bedroom. At this point the bedroom router loses its ability to communicate with the main router and neither my phone or the locally attached (lan cable) computer can get an ip address any more. I have to turn off and on the main router and then my secondary router to get everything running.

So what I've got is a secondary wireless name just for my windows phone which is only available from the main router and this works fine.
If anybody knows how to debug it then I'd be happy to follow instructions, take trace and logs, but for now I just thought I'd raise it so you know it happens.
Firmware 3.3 all the way to 3.3.5.2 all exhibit the same behaviour. Has happened with release wp7, nodo and still happens on the beta of Mango.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.