DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n + ap800

• maciejdeb
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jul 2011 16:13 #1 by maciejdeb
2830n + ap800 was created by maciejdeb
Hi, I am having problem to set up router 2830n and ap800.
What I want to achive is 2 separate wifi channels on 2830 one for users and the other one for public access of internet and only internet + I want to redistribute those ssid's with ap800, I am fighting with it all day, can anyone help with this problem?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2011 18:37 #2 by atatham888
Replied by atatham888 on topic Re: 2830n + ap800
Similar problem. Looks to me like the 800 isn't applying the VLAN settings correctly.

No docs on Draytek site. First Draytek product I have that doesn't appear to work out of the box.

More
04 Aug 2011 18:52 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830n + ap800
I've found factory defaulting the AP800 is usually a good fix as there's not much to configure on it especially if you're only using AP mode with VLAN tagging on the different SSIDs - it's mostly only a problem after firmware updates though.

How have you got the VLAN tags configured on the 2830? You should have VLAN0 untagged, VLAN1 tagged and both VLAN0+1 on the port that you've got the AP800 plugged in to.

More
16 Aug 2013 11:43 #4 by chaser
Replied by chaser on topic Re: 2830n + ap800

Voodle wrote: You should have VLAN0 untagged, VLAN1 tagged and both VLAN0+1 on the port that you've got the AP800 plugged in to.

I'm having very similar issues with 2850Vn & ap800. Router is set up exactly as above, and by following:

http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2649:vigor2920-and-vigorap800&Itemid=293&lang=en

Laptops can connect wirelessly to the ap800 VLAN1 (tagged 10) and picks up IP address from the router without any problem. iPhone / iPad / Nintendo 3DS all fail to pick up IP address more often than they can pick up IP address - it's all a bit intermittent. All devices work on VLAN0 (untagged) without any problem. Also, all devices work perfectlyl when wirelessly connecting directly to the router on both VLANS. Spent days trying to get this working. Both the 2850 router and ap800 are running with the latest firmware. From what I can tell, it looks like there are some firmware issues with the ap800.

Edit: Sorry. Didn't realise I was replying to such an old post. Might have been better creating a new thread.

Moderators: Sami