DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wireless speed on 2750v

• carpangler1
  • Topic Author
More
13 Sep 2011 15:42 #1 by carpangler1
Wireless speed on 2750v was created by carpangler1
Hi All, I've just purchased a 2750vn and the wireless is quite slow. Basically doing a speedtest.net over ethernet I get 38meg, which is what I would expect.

Over wireless, using wireless n, the maximum I can get is 7meg. The wireless connection is excellent. This is when the laptop is 5ft or 20ft away. I've also tried different laptops with the same result. Switch to ethernet and 38meg.

If I put my old netgear router back the wireless connection is back at full speed.

All the tests have been done with just one device (laptop) connected. I've tried all the settings I can see and none change the speed at all.

Channel was auto but I've tried them all manually and no difference. As I mentioned put my old netgear back and all is fast on the wireless.

Firmware is the latest v1.5.1

Cheers in advance

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• carpangler1
  • Topic Author
More
13 Sep 2011 16:18 #2 by carpangler1
Replied by carpangler1 on topic Re: Wireless speed on 2750v
I've just had reply from Draytek asking for me to return the router. Hopefully when it's replaced it will solve my issues.

Out of curiosity, anyone else got one of these as I would love to here of your experience. The functionality it offers is great so if the wireless issue can be sorted on the replacement unit I'll be a very happy chappy :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.