DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

HP 4530s with Atheros 9825 + 2830n cannot see or connectWLAN

• zebadee666
  • Topic Author
More
20 Sep 2011 12:20 #1 by zebadee666
Hi

I have had recent problems with a new HP 4530s, tried updating all drivers and rolling them back, updated firmware on vigor and rolling that back all to no avail. WLAN was working with previous 4520s model and no other issues, except for these new models.

Simply the problem is the Channel i had picked, it would appear the Atheros network cards will not see a network above channel 12. Or if they do they fail to connect to that network.
Works a treat after changing this, in all available modes.

This maybe part of a bigger issue for other wireless adapters, it appears to be down to a difference between EU and US chipsets, apparently US ones will only receive up to Channel 12, anything higher is tempermental at best.

I hope this helps someone!

Grant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2011 12:20 #2 by howard simpson
This problem also occurs with Macs its because the 2820 and it also looks like the 2830 also broadcasts over wireless that its country is Taiwan and the Macs have some software that says if i am in Tiawan then I cant use channels above 12. I suspect the HPs are the same but also check the driver options in device manager, sometimes it can be restricted there as well.
There are other posts on this forum about channel 13 and Macs.

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.