• gareth629
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2011 17:20 #1 by gareth629
Wireless Set Up was created by gareth629
Hi all,

Planning on setting up a WDS in a hotel for a client but I need clarification on a few things.

1. Using a V3200n as the central point how may V700ap's can I control in a WDS distribution?
2. If it were to be a mesh type configuration are V700 clever enough to have 2 links back to the base station/central point to allow for redundancy?
3. If the V700's are to be in a chain type configuration how long can the chain be?
4. Is it sufficient to have only wireless links to the A700's or would you recommend having each connected back to a central switch by cat5?
5. Do the A700's allow for switching from one A700 to another, as if someone walked to the next room, without the user havingt to reconnect?

Many thanks in advance
Gareth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 13:21 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: Wireless Set Up
In answer to some of your questions:-

One AP700 can relay to 4 others
Dont think they do mesh but may work just never tried it
I would not want to connect more than 2 in a daisy chain as for each step the data speed will drop by 1/2
Having tried the wireless daisy chain solution with an AP700 and also with another make I don't recommend it (too Flakey). Best to use the POE versions and cat5/6 wire back each AP700 to a hub that provides the power.
You can give each AP700 the same SSID, disable local DHCP and allocate all IPs centrally from the router which will then allow roaming from room to room

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.