DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n wireless section missing

More
13 Dec 2011 22:18 #1 by jam3s
2820n wireless section missing was created by jam3s
Hello All

I am trying to setup the wireless however when i go into the web configuration site the wireless section appears to be missing. I have tried different versions of the firmware with the same result. Is there any action that you have to perform to enable the wireless on the router?

Thanks
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2011 22:40 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2820n wireless section missing
Check on the system maintenance - Status page whether it shows an "n" at the end of the model name, if not then for some reason, your router isn't wireless! Also if it has no antennas, not wireless.

More
25 Dec 2011 21:11 #3 by dominic_gray
Replied by dominic_gray on topic Re: 2820n wireless section missing
Same Problem - It says 2830Vn on the box, there are 3 antennae but in the firmware it says its a V. Is there any solution or does the hardware have to go back ?

More
26 Dec 2011 11:37 #4 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2820n wireless section missing

dominic_gray wrote: Same Problem - It says 2830Vn on the box, there are 3 antennae but in the firmware it says its a V. Is there any solution or does the hardware have to go back ?

Nope, different problem, check this page and get the right firmware for your unit, the module bit is especially important:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_2830_dual_band.html

On the 2830, it's more likely that you have dual band firmware on a single band router than actual faulty wireless hardware, so just make sure to flash it with the correct firmware and that should fix your problem