AP-800 Universal Repeater?

• tom.smith.hal
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
13 Jan 2012 09:12 #1 by tom.smith.hal
AP-800 Universal Repeater? was created by tom.smith.hal
Can someone tell me the main differences between AP Bridge-WDS Mode and Universal Repeater mode (URM) on the AP800. I Have a 2820 connected to a 2710 using WDS which works perfectly in bridge mode, But i cant get the Ap 800 to connect to either in bridge mode. The Ap 800 will connect to the 2820 in URM but this does not seem like the correct solution.

I followed loosly the guide here http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_wlan_AP700_WDS.html but the AP-800 Instructions are piss poor.

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2012 13:11 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: AP-800 Universal Repeater?
I asked this same question for an AP700 and could not get a definative answer. In practice I could not decern any difference. See this post where some differences were observed. http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15674&p=66996&hilit=WDS#p66996

Howard

• tom.smith.hal
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
14 Jan 2012 10:39 #3 by tom.smith.hal
Replied by tom.smith.hal on topic Re: AP-800 Universal Repeater?
As far as i can see the main disadvantage i am getting is that if a user on the Ap800 wants a file on the 2710 it has to go via the 2820. If I could get the WDS link between all three to work files would go direct. As per diagrams below.
Current:

Wanted:

This should be so easy... Draytek??

• tom.smith.hal
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
15 Jan 2012 00:20 #4 by tom.smith.hal
Replied by tom.smith.hal on topic Re: AP-800 Universal Repeater?
Well one thing you cant do when in Universal Repeater Mode is use the USB function on the AP800 so that sucks.