DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800G WiFi failing and data missing

• bowman
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2012 20:26 #1 by bowman
2800G WiFi failing and data missing was created by bowman
My 2800G has started dropping the WiFi connection randomly and when I go into the Wireless setup page it only has the top blue bordered box with the Wireless On tick box and Wireless Type showing, all other boxes normally below this one are missing.

A reboot fixes the problem but it eventually happens again.

Is the router on the way out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 13:12 #2 by briefcase
Replied by briefcase on topic Re: 2800G WiFi failing and data missing
I too have experienced similar problems with a Vigor 2800VG which has gone back to SEG several times, and comes back repaired, but problems still persist.
I now want to set up all my wired peripherals on my 2800VG and access the internet through my 3mobile "MyFi" device.
Therefore I need to change one of the IP settings from 192.168.1.1 which both devices have as a base address, but the Draytek doesn't seem to like any other address than 192.168.1.1.
When I change it to anything else, it re-boots, but the admin pages do not come back up after clicking on the new admin page address of the router.
I don't understand IP's very well, and could do with some advice about how to set up bridges/repeaters etc on the Draytek. I came on here hoping to find som advice about using 2 wireless routers as above, so can anyone help?
Regards
Briefcase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.