DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2600G Wireless security constantly needs to be reset

• jameshammyhamilton
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2012 21:27 #1 by jameshammyhamilton
2600G Wireless security constantly needs to be reset was created by jameshammyhamilton
I have had a 2600G for some time and to be honest have not made a huge amount of use of the WiFi. It works but we have a large house and there are areas where the signal is poor plus my laptop is old and I tend not to use it.

Anyway, I now have a nice shiny Android phone and am about to get a new laptop so figured that it would be good to bottom this issue.

The wifi seems to work fine for a little while but if you take a wifi device away and then back into range sometimes (it might be most of the time) it refuses to reconnect. Going in to the router menus and changing from WEP only to disabled and back or from WEP only to WPA and WEP or vice versa means that devices will reconnect.

It also seems that if the system has managed to get into this state that other devices don't want to connect either.

One possible factor could be that the neighbours have an unsecured wifi router and when my router decides not to play my phone connects to their device instead.

I have the latest firmware.

If I cannot fix this issue I may well have to get a new router which is not ideal.

Could it be signal strength related? would a repeater to expand coverage help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.