• csteinle
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Apr 2012 15:30 #1 by csteinle
2710n + 2xAP800 WDS WLAN Isolation was created by csteinle
Hi,

I've been trying to set up an extension to my existing 2710n based WLAN using two AP800s in WPS mode. While I've been able to get all three talking to each other and accessing the internet, I have some issue relating to WLAN isolation and throttling.

The 2710n is running two SSIDs - one unencrypted and open to the public, and another with WPA2 for internal use. Only the internal has full access to the wired network. The public SSID (which is SSID1) has LAN isolation enabled (along with station and VPN isolation), and is also rate limited to approx 70% of our internet connection speed to ensure public use does not prevent our own computers from accessing the internet. The AP800s are only configured to extend the public SSID, and this appears to work fine. However, neither the throtling or, more worryingly, the isolation appear to carry through to the WDS connection. This means the users connected to the 2710n cannot see our Windows shares etc., but those connected to the AP800s can - and can download at the full rate of the DSL connection. Is there something in the configuration I may be missing? I have tried enabling LAN isolation in the two AP800s as well, but to no avail. I assume this merely isolates WiFi stations from the wired ports on the AP800 itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this currently renders the AP800s useless for this environment. We cannot allow the general public to access our LAN.

Cheers,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.