Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Installing 2 Vigor 700APs

• glynh
  • User
  • User
More
06 Sep 2012 19:40 #7 by glynh
Replied by glynh on topic Re: Installing 2 Vigor 700APs
I would be interested in extending the range of my 2820 by adding a single AP700 but would appreciate an idiots guide on how to set both devices up to achieve this please?

First of all would this be the 'best' way to extend the range to cover some low signal strength areas at the back of the house?

The router sits in a rack in the loft at the front of the house and I can sit in the car outside and get a good signal.

However in the bedroom and kitchen in the back of the house the signal is poor and sat just outside the kitchen window it is non-existent.

I have no problem with cabling the AP700 to the 2820 if that would give best performance but would be looking for a seamless wireless transition between access points as I wander around the house with iPad, iPhone etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2012 09:03 #8 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: Installing 2 Vigor 700APs
I would definately used the cabled AP otion, the wireless range extension option just did not work for me. Use the same SSID and security on on the AP700 and the 2820s. Also remember that the wireless signal form the arial is a horizontal donut shape so if you set the arials vertical then the signal will only be good on that floor. I would try and put the AP700 on the ground floor at the rear. Also try angling the arials on the 2820 so that they are at 45deg so that the signal is being directed down into the house not accross the loft.

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.