2850n and multiple Xboxes = problem?

• timw
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 May 2012 18:56 #1 by timw
Hi all

Until I switched to a 2850n recently from a Billion ADSL router, I'd never had any problems getting my 2 Xboxes to obtain IPs from DHCP via my Windows 2008 server, and to get open NAT connections from Xbox Live.

Recently my main Xbox has had all sorts of problems, including failing to obtain an IP address even though it is listed as assigned on the Windows server, failing to connect to the internet, failing to connect to Xbox Live and getting limited NAT as if UPnP weren't enabled. All of this is totall intermittent - I just don't know what will work on any given day. Even setting the IP manually doesn't work reliably. It will usually connect to Xbox Live but report restricted NAT. Sometimes the Xbox will get an IP, run through the network test only to fail on a profile sign in to Xbox Live, at which point it shows an invalid IP address. During this time, my other Xbox on identical firmware, works 100%.

Is there a known issue with having more than one Xbox behind Vigor routers?

My 2850n is running 3.6.1_2471201.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2012 14:13 #2 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: 2850n and multiple Xboxes = problem?
Looks like the xbox is about to go pop, it happens. On the bright side you can drop it off a building, crush your enemies and set off seismic sensors in japan, which is always fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.