DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n and N61 Adapter

More
08 Jun 2012 09:19 #1 by jezw
2820n and N61 Adapter was created by jezw
Hi,

I’m new to this forum so I would like to say Hello to all.

I have set up many routers in the past but not had much exposure to wireless ‘N’ configurations hence my question below………..

I have a ‘2820n’ router and two PC’s each with the ‘N61 USB 802.1n’ adapters. I am trying to get the wireless network to run at a wireless ‘N’ speed, at the moment I can only get it to run at a wireless ‘G’ speed 54mps. Internet video streaming at this speed is somewhat flaky to say the least.
I have updated firmware ect on the router and checked all the wireless settings and set the standard to a mixed mode of wireless ‘G’ and ‘N’ as I have other wireless equipment that use ‘G’.
I have a Lenovo Laptop with wireless ‘N’ functionality and that only picks up 54Mps too.

Is there any tweaking I can do to push this past the 54Mps boundary?

Thanks
Jez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 14:16 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: 2820n and N61 Adapter
Not sure, but i think if there is anything connected using g it will cut the N speed to g speed. Also have you got the bandwidth set to 20/40 also greenfield set. Also what other channels are in use in yor locality? Full n speed requires the that the 3 adjacent channels either side are free. See this wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.