DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Initially configuring an AP800 on a non 192.168.1.x subnet

• peterg
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jul 2012 22:47 #1 by peterg
Hello all,

I am trying to configure a AP800 that has come to me with unknown configuration, I have performed a factory reset.

I have connect the LANA port to my wired LAN and can connect to the DrayTek-LAN-A wireless network from my macbook using the default password printed on the side of the AP800 and this then connects to the interwebs without issue.

However I can't find a entry for the AP800 in the DHCP logs and so can't configure it!

I am assuming that it is in some sort of bridge mode and is sulking because it is not getting a 192.168.1.x address for its management interface?

Changing the IP addressing on the rest of LAN is obviously a non starter and really don't want to have to set up a LAN with DHCP on it just to change the management IP address!

Any thoughts?

Peter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2012 08:45 #2 by howard simpson
If its the same as the AP 700 then connect it just to the laptop by cable, set the laptop IP manually to a 192.168.1.xx range. then you should be able to get to the management page in the system utility menu to fix its IP address in the other subnet and then in your router bind the mac of the AP800 to that address.

Howard

• peterg
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jul 2012 21:48 #3 by peterg
Now, why didn't I think of that. I think I was assuming that it would require DHCP...that's my pathetic excuse anyway.

It does indeed work, thanks Howard.

Peter.