Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2130n & TP-Link TL-WA801ND

• bolosun
  • Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2012 20:36 #1 by bolosun
2130n & TP-Link TL-WA801ND was created by bolosun
Hi,

just bought a 2130n and connected to my Bt Infinity line and works very well. But I also have a TP_Link TL-WA801ND which I am trying to connect to I can use my Sky+ box. No matter what I do I can;t get the 2 to work together. All I can see in the Station List on the 2130n is the Mac address of the TP box, but no IP address, even though I have assigned a static IP address on the TP box. I have tried different IP addresses, using DHCP, etc, but can't get the 2 to talk. Has anyone else got these 2 working together?

Cheers Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
03 Aug 2012 11:41 #2 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2130n & TP-Link TL-WA801ND
Looking at the TP Link, it says it can operate in the mode: Bridge with AP

Have you fried this? Where the TP Link becomes a client on your existing wireless network - in the same way a laptop with wifi would join the existing network - then the TP link should allow your Sky Box Ethernet device to join the 2130n wireless network.

Regards,

Neal

• bolosun
  • Topic Author
More
03 Aug 2012 11:45 #3 by bolosun
Replied by bolosun on topic Re: 2130n & TP-Link TL-WA801ND
thanks for the response.

I cannot get the 2130n to allocate an IP address to the bridge. I see it in the Systems List, but with no IP address. I have tried static IP address and DHCP, but no go. It works fine with the BT Home Hub, but not the 2130n.
I personally think they just don't work together, but have logged a call with Draytek.