AP-800 - ceiling or wall mounted

• middman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Aug 2012 15:05 #1 by middman
AP-800 - ceiling or wall mounted was created by middman
My client is moving to new offices on 2 floors. The floors are about 20m x 20m. They will have partitioned offices around the perimeter walls. In order to provide WiFi access, my plan is to install an AP-800 on each floor, hardwired back to the network. I'm trying to find out where is best to physically install the AP-800:-
a) Sat on a ceiling tile in the centre of the floor area
b) secured to middle of the back wall
I can't find anything that tells me the coverage of the aerials on the AP-800. For example, if I sit the AP-800 above a ceiling tile, will the signal just go up from there so I won't get any coverage below the device. If I mount it on a wall, should I really be using a directional aerial - if so, what coverage spread does that use...

Any help greatfully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2012 00:08 #2 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: AP-800 - ceiling or wall mounted
The AP-800 holes lend themselves best to being mounted on the Wall. So, pick the longest wall of each floor, go about half way along, and mount there. Angle each aerial at 45 degrees to the vertical and horizontal so the look like bunny ears

If you use the same SSID and security credentials, but put each unit on different channels then clients will roam seemlessly between the two if tolk ever move between floors with their laptops smartphones etc.

Best regards,

Neal

• middman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Aug 2012 11:33 #3 by middman
Replied by middman on topic Re: AP-800 - ceiling or wall mounted
Thanks for the (very prompt) reply. I'll try your recommendation.