DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n Wireless config missing from menus

• more-solutions
  • Topic Author
More
06 Sep 2012 10:24 #1 by more-solutions
2830n Wireless config missing from menus was created by more-solutions
As subject: I have a 2830n and the wireless config is missing from the menus.

I have upgraded the firmware (single band); to be honest I'm not sure whether it was on the menu before the upgrade or not (according to the Draytek docs mine is definitely single band but I tried the dual band firmware as well with no difference).

[The vaugeness is due to the fact that we use a lot of 2830n's, which frequently get set up in the office then shipped to site and replaced in the office. So although I am sure I had wireless working before I can't be sure it was on the unit I have in front of me now...]

I'm guessing it's something simple but physical (eg a loose daughterboard inside the unit) and that I can't fix myself (without voiding the warranty), but I'd welcome suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maberp
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
15 Nov 2012 00:19 #2 by maberp
Hi, I have the same problem with an out of the box 2830n.
I have upgraded the FW but still no wireless menu on the GUI.

Did yo manage to solve this annoying issue?

• more-solutions
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2012 09:35 #3 by more-solutions
Replied by more-solutions on topic Re: 2830n Wireless config missing from menus
Yes, I did resolve this, although I now forget exactly how...

However, I did get some advice from Draytek which I'm pretty sure is what fixed it:

The Wireless LAN option may disappear if you use the wrong firmware to update the router. Vigor 2830 comes in 2 different versions the single band and the dual band. Verify which version you by following this FAQ http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_2830_dual_band.html and then download the appropriate firmware. I also suggest backing up your configuration settings and then updating the router using the .rst file that resets the router to factory default settings. After reflashing you should have the Wireless LAN option back on the menu and can upload the configuration backup you created earlier.

In my case I had been very careful to use the correct firmware right from the start, but I think that all the same I managed to get it wrong and reflashing with the correct firmware fixed it (either that or it was the reset that did the trick, like I say I can't exactly remember).

If you fix it, maybe you can do what I failed to do and update this thread with better information!

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
20 Nov 2012 19:03 #4 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: 2830n Wireless config missing from menus
usually a firmware update using the .rst file will solve the trick especially if new features have been added to the menu or the web management system gets revamped.

also if you are working from a bookmark to access your router make sure you have cleared your browser cache, that always helps just incase you have any pages cached locally.