DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No wi fi after thunderstorm

• thepositron
  • Topic Author
More
12 Oct 2012 10:52 #1 by thepositron
No wi fi after thunderstorm was created by thepositron
I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Vigor 2710 which has worked brilliantly for a couple of years. We had a thunderstorm recently and although it was plugged into a surge protector (as was the PC and a few other things which haven't been affected) the router has started behaving strangely. The light shows wifi is OK, wired connections all work fine, wireless devices all see the network but none of them ever connects: they just go into a loop trying constantly to authenticate.

Is this likely to be a hardware problem? I've been through the Draytek FAQ on the support pages but nothing there helps.

Many thanks to anyone who can shed light on my rather frustrating problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
06 Nov 2012 17:07 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: No wi fi after thunderstorm
have you tried power cycle??
Take all cables out even the main one
from the small hall where resetting the router press that button for 1-2 sec only even if is not electric
wait 2 minutes then plug in all cables back in and turn on to try

• thepositron
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2012 09:29 #3 by thepositron
Replied by thepositron on topic Re: No wi fi after thunderstorm
Thanks for your suggestion Babis: I appreciate it. Unfortunately I can't test in the way you suggest. As I didn't get any replies to my question I decided to take the opportunity to buy a new router and switch to Fibre Optic. I would guess that the Vigor isn't compatible with fibre optic so presume I can't test it. I suppose I'll have to try and sell it on eBay as only partially working.