Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920 broadcast packets leaking

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
16 Dec 2012 01:12 #7 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2920 broadcast packets leaking
It makes me think that other models (as almost the UI and options are similar) may have same problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
17 Dec 2012 13:06 #8 by babis3g
Just came out a beta at polish web and they doing good work there! :!:
ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2920/Firmware/beta/
I think they must work separate than UK (when i contact UK support they had no idea about the polish betas) and main head office so don't know what are the fixes with this beta

• adrianmarsh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Dec 2012 15:44 #9 by adrianmarsh
Replied by adrianmarsh on topic Re: 2920 broadcast packets leaking
Thanks babis3g,

My kit is now shipping to site, so I won't get a chance to test again until January, but I'll take a look at that.

• adrianmarsh
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jan 2013 16:36 #10 by adrianmarsh
Replied by adrianmarsh on topic Re: 2920 broadcast packets leaking
Hi All,

I just thought I'd put a closing comment in here.

All but 1% of my issues have been resolved. The leaky traffic was "workedaround" by me removing wifi from the Draytek. The manager in Draytek says they should have a firmware fix that does solve the issue completely "very soon", but for me the issues gone by doing this. The beta firmware I have made the issue go away for wired LAN.

During our setup we discovered another issue, in that the Draytek appeared to lose MAC/IP associations.

Eventually after a long hard slog, I think I've figure this out. Its not strictly the Draytek at fault, however it didn't flag the issue. Tomorrow I'll confirm with local folks, but, I think that I had VLAN1 connected to both P1 and P2 of the Draytek. The Draytek was configured that P2 should be LAN3, vlan5 only, and theres no VLAN tagging involved. However, the switching network (for some reason only Netgear might explain) looks like it can join two untagged VLANs to one port, and I think it was sending both VLAN5 and VLAN1 untagged to the Draytek. So not its fault, but it certainly never flagged it. The result was that when we started loading up the switches with traffic, the ping time to the draytek would drop all over. Devices would dissapear off the ARP table in the Draytek. The Netgears have spanning-tree detection enabled, but it would never trigger as the Draytek effectively blocks it.

I also do have to say that, especially last week, I got great support from Draytek UK. They understood the issues I had. They were willing and able to setup a test setup in their own labs, and they offered some advice on the other issues. So all in all very happy with them for that.

Now just awaiting the new firmware.... :-|

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jan 2013 01:56 #11 by babis3g
As i am and a 2920n user ... Thanks for reporting
I have to say as well Draytek UK are very kind even i gave them little hard time with the speeds of the 2850 :)
Hope this soon coming fix will be real fix for your needing,s but also for all 2920 users and thanks for reporting it...perhaps if some one not press them ... may be little slower results :oops: