DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850 Boot Loop when wifi on (Traced to HTC One-X phone)

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
11 Feb 2013 09:01 #19 by sicon
yes, I was sent a different firmware RC1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2013 13:02 #20 by kinsy
Recently been having problems with a 2850n rebooting. It's serving a Hotel and has 6-10 repeaters connected to it with 100-200 people connecting on a daily basis. Bound to be one of them connecting with a HTC One X.

I'll contact support and see if I can get hold of the firmware.

• roy.p
  • User
  • User
More
12 Feb 2013 18:05 #21 by roy.p
I have the new firmware and its stopped the reboot, But I'm now having problems with devices not being given the correct IP address, this means they are connected but have no internet access :-( (I'm using bind IP to MAC)

More
13 Feb 2013 16:37 #22 by kinsy
New firmware has had the router up for over 20 hours now, so I think it fixed the reboot issue.

The only problem is remote management doesn't work! Can still telnet to it luckily and get status, but on the login page it just redirects me back to it when using the correct account details. Awesome!

More
22 Mar 2013 19:38 #23 by kevan

roy.p wrote: I have the new firmware and its stopped the reboot, But I'm now having problems with devices not being given the correct IP address, this means they are connected but have no internet access :-( (I'm using bind IP to MAC)

What level of firmware is that Roy, and did you ever get to the bottom of the devices not getting the right IP? I'm at Firmware Version : 3.6.3_2471201, Build Date/Time : Nov 12 2012 10:00:59 and use Bind IP to Mac. I have an Android 4.1.1 tablet that should pick up a fixed IP but cannot seem to get an IP at all, even if I delete the bind and try to let it get one from the DHCP pool. I'm not getting reboots though.

• roy.p
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2013 11:01 #24 by roy.p
I'm on Version 3.6.3_RC1 (The File sent was v2850001_r33384) And I still have some problems with binding IP to MAC. :(