Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850Vn and Android V4.1.1

• jasonc
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2013 11:12 #1 by jasonc
2850Vn and Android V4.1.1 was created by jasonc
Hello,

I have replied to a thread with someone who has a similar problem to this but, I thought it best to make another one just in case my issue has nothing to do with their problem.

Basically, I got an update to my HTC One X (Android V4.1.1) just before Xmas and ever since the update my router reboots itself in a continuous loop. If I switch wifi off on my phone everything works perfect so, I'm guessing the update has caused a compatibility issue with this particular router. I have tried the phone on another Draytek (2800) and it works fine on that.

I have contacted HTC about the problem and just before Xmas I sent it in for repair, I got the phone back yesterday (they re=flashed the phone software) but, the problem is still there. I called HTC again and the phone is going back again today, however, it could be that the problem lies with the router so I'm at a loss :cry:

I've only just bought the router and I love it so I don't really want to have to change it for another one but, I also don't want to splash out for another phone as they are expensive! So, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

The router is still under warranty so, if no one can help here I might send it back to Draytek for them to have a look at it, although i'd rather not as I'm in a busy period at the moment and setting up a different router for the interim is not ideal!

Many thanks in advance.
Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2013 14:09 #2 by stepster
Replied by stepster on topic Re: 2850Vn and Android V4.1.1
I have exactly the same problem since my HTC One was upgraded to v4.1.1. My 2850Vn is also constantly rebooting.

Indeed a one of the reboots took it back to factory defaults. I've just spent the morning re-setting up my router as loading in my backup configuration resulted in 'failed!'

• jasonc
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2013 14:24 #3 by jasonc
Replied by jasonc on topic Re: 2850Vn and Android V4.1.1
Hello,

I contacted Draytek about the problem and they were very prompt to send back a different firmware for the router which is not available in their download section. Now, I had to send my phone back to HTC today and I did not get chance to try it with the new firmware, however, I have an identical HTC One X here that I have just upgraded to 4.1.1 (I was reluctant before) and so far it has worked perfectly without any reboots :)

I would contact Draytek with your problem and I bet they send you the same new firmware.