Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No mac addresses in Station list

• allat39
  • Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2013 18:51 #1 by allat39
No mac addresses in Station list was created by allat39
Hi guys

I have just purchased a 2850Vnto take over from my 2820Vn and I am surprised that the station list (in Wireless LAN) does not initially show mac addresses of units within range. Is that correct??

Maybe I can't remember, but I thought my old 2820Vn showed the addresses before you added them to access control as authorised to connect

Adding units to the MAC address list was no problem - and sure enough up they came and could be authorised.

Is there a setting on the 2850Vn I have overlooked so that it reveals units within range?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
17 Feb 2013 19:06 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: No mac addresses in Station list
Hi
If you go to Wireless LAN >> Station List... then down of the page has got a feature saying "Client's MAC address"
If you click the station you want to highlight, it will not show you its mac address?
Then if yes you can add it at " Wireless LAN >> Access Control"

Is this what you looking for?

• allat39
  • Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2013 20:54 #3 by allat39
Replied by allat39 on topic Re: No mac addresses in Station list

babis3g wrote: Hi
If you go to Wireless LAN >> Station List... then down of the page has got a feature saying "Client's MAC address"
If you click the station you want to highlight, it will not show you its mac address?
Then if yes you can add it at " Wireless LAN >> Access Control"

Is this what you looking for?

Thanks for the message
I probably was not clear enough.

I guess I was expecting all the wireless mac addresses around me to be shown in the list without me doing anything.
Once I could see the list I was then going to add them to Access Control using the method you explained.

It just started off as a blank empty list despite various wifi devices around me being switched in.
I think I must have missed something obvious

P