Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorAP800 and VigorAP700 Repeater mode

• tp100
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2013 12:35 #1 by tp100
I hope someone can help with a query I have with getting a Vigor AP700 and Vigor AP800 working together to repeat our wireless.

Currently we have a Vigor 2820 router which is not the DHCP server (we have a server doing this) and an AP700 connected to it as our Access point. This works fine, but at one end of the office the signal is not particularly good. I have analysed the channels and have tried a couple of differnet ones and found the best for the room. However i have an AP 800 which I would like to use to extend the signal. There is a network point where this can go so I do not need to link the two AP's up wirlessly however I have have tried the following with no luck so far.

Set up the 2nd AP with the same SSID, same security settings and differnet channel. (This allowed me to connect to the SSID but whichever AP the device connected to it stayed connected to that and did not roam to the other AP, therefore this did not solve my issue.

I have tried setting up the repeater mode using same channel without scanning for other APs as I understand I do not need to do this as I have both AP's physically connected to the network (with differnet LAN IP's of course), but this does not seem to improve things.

Can anyone suggest the correct way of doing this when I have 2 AP's both with physical network connections?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• caesium
  • User
  • User
More
20 Feb 2014 13:21 #2 by caesium
Replied by caesium on topic Re: VigorAP800 and VigorAP700 Repeater mode
I'm looking for the answer to this also. Can't find it anywhere.

You'd think setting up of a WLAN with more than one WAP would be a common thing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.