Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710n Intermittent Wireless Faults

• stevebish
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2013 20:48 #1 by stevebish
2710n Intermittent Wireless Faults was created by stevebish
Hi All,
I've tried searching for similar issues but to no avail, so I've had to post!

My 2710n is about 3 years old and has been developing wireless dropouts for the last few weeks or more. My previous 3Com lasted 5 years, so figure this fault isn't hardware related as the Draytek should last much longer?!?!

It only gets basic home use. There are two smart phones (1 iOS, 1 Android) and 2 laptops (1 Win7, 1 Win8) and all suffer the same issue. I have a Synology DS212j NAS connected and I can still connect to that remotely when the Wife complains the connection is down. A reboot fixes the problem usually, but it has got worse recently.

The Firmware is currently 3.3.6_232201. I have rolled it back from 3.6.3 as the faults seemed to start after upgrading.

Oh, I even bought an extra AP on the same SSID to try and solve the issue as I thought maybe the wireless signal strength had dropped, but we still get issues when the AP is in the room we are in!

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2013 00:59 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2710n Intermittent Wireless Faults
A very basic advice is to try change the channels...usually by default is 6 so maybe in your area is busy this channel
If is dropping due to busy congested channel use ... then the Ap is getting the signal corrupted so is making problem as well
Also try change some settings in the Wireless LAN >> Advanced Setting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.